point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Sunday, February 24, 2013

10 interesting Hollywood Actresses

Movies and TV series introduce me to different international stars. So if someone going to ask me about controversial  celebrities who I didn't see yet in films or TV shows I most likely ignore them. But of course, not all Hollywood actresses catch my interest. There must be something in them.

Jennifer Garner

I don't know who is Elektra is and what is the other thing about word Alias till I know Jennifer Garner who I first saw in DareDevil where she met her husband Ben Affleck.  I'm astonished in the way she moved in that Marvel film. She looked powerful and at the same time very attractive there. In my opinion, Elektra, her solo film, is not bad and well executed. It just that if you like action film appealing to adult, it will not meet your expectation.


Maybe I too fond of her (I admired her body then, which dreamed to achieve) that's why even if I'm not interested in the story line I still watched 13 going on 30, Catch and Release, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, and ButterJuno is exceptional because it became one of my favorite films thanks to Ellen Page. I also like her character in Valentine's Day . By the way, I 'm delighted whenever I read news about her family. It makes me wish to have the same relationship and kind of motherhood. 

Kristen Stewart

I'm not one of those who didn't defended her when she had controversy last year,  but I'm of those people who would feel bad if she decided to quit showbiz and if she and Robert Pattinson didn't reconcile. It is because I like most of the films that she picked. Okay, let's say that I just started to notice her in Twilight Series. But if she is really not that good, why I bothered to watch Yellow Handkerchief, The Runaways, Adventureland, and Snowwhite and The Huntsman. And I'm eager to watch Panic Room and On the Road.
I believe she's fine actress and she has this charm that irritates some but still interesting. 

Julia Stiles


I wonder where she is right now or if she will do movie again where she is the leading actress. I still don't see  Silver Linings Playbook. But there was a time that I'd like to see her films. I started to like her in Save The Last Dance, one of my favorite dance films. But I also saw 10 Things I Hate About You, Mona Lisa Smile and lovely romantic film Prince and Me.  I'll watch Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum soon where she co-starred with Matt Damon


Winona Ryder


I'm a late bloomer in following  Winona Ryder's movies. I only watch of her  Reality Bites, Beetle Juice, Edward  Scissorhands, and Girl, Interrupted  few years ago.  I admire her beauty during her heyday and  I think she still pretty nowadays though she's a little bit thin and aloof. Her beauty is not glamours but something you'll not snub. 

It is nice also to know that she starred as Josephine March in my favorite novel Little Women where she paired with Christian Bale ( Dark Knight) who portrayed  Laurie. I hope to see her in another eccentric, top caliber and box office hit film project or a romantic comedy series.


Katie Holmes

Yes, I like her ever since her Joey Potter's days in Dawson's Creek.  I watched First daughter, The Gift, Go, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, Abandon, and Disturbing Behavior. To be honest, nothing beats her portrayal in DC but maybe I'm just too attached in her character. 



But I could feel that she's trying to avoid similar character in her films especially in Disturbing Behavior with James Marsden, Abandon with Benjamin Brat, and the gift when she had topless scene with Keanu Reeves. Somewhat, I think Katie should not only try different roles but also try to remove her usual mannerism. The last film of her that I watched was Dark Knight with Christian Bale and yes, she's not impressive there.  But still, I like her. 

Kate Winslet


I know for a fact that I admire this woman because of her talent and personality. A woman who knows what she wants and hunger to achieve it. I never realized it at first in box office hit Titanic where she was paired for first time with Leonardo DiCaprio. After that James Cameron's film, it was disappointing when I learned that she accepted roles that were far from the standard of Titanic.  But today, I understand what she did and I respect her for that. 

Her other works that I already saw and recommend are Revolutionary Road  ( her second film with DiCaprio and directed by her 2nd husband Sam Mendes), The Holiday ( with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, and Jude Law). My next targets to see are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland (with equally talented artist Johnny Depp) and The Reader


Drew Barrymore

Not all news about her are interesting for me and I can't compare her to other award winning actress but  I watched her chic films. Because you know,  her films satisfied ordinary women's dream like me. I watched Ever After (with Anjelica Huston and Dougray Scott), Never Been Kissed (with Jessica Alba, Leelee Sobieski, David Arquette and Michael Vartan, The Wedding Singer (with Adam Sandler), Charlie's Angels series (with Cameron and Lucy Liu),   Music and Lyrics ( with  Hugh Grant), and He's Just Not That Into You  (with Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johanson, Jennifer Connelly,  Ginnifer Goodwin, Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck and her boyfriend then Justin Long) 

Most of her film are categorized under chic film and  romantic-comedy. It's maybe also the reason why she hardly  got approval in her serious and true to life film Riding in Cars With Boys. To be honest and like Holmes, I don't see any award winning portrayal yet of her but I still want to watch her films. And I'm eager to see 50 First dates, Going The Distance and her first directorial debut Whip it starring Ellen Page.

Keira Knightley

She's another English actress that I like aside from Winslet. I love her accent, her frown and portrayal in her roles in Pride and Prejudice and Atonement. I also saw Last Night (with Sam Worthington, Guillaume Canet, and  Eva Mendes ) and Love Actually. I still need to watch Pirates of Caribbean (with Depp and Orlando Bloom) to see a different Knightley. 


Since I often see her in serious films, it gonna be different if she accepts romantic-comedy film though I love her in film like Pride and Prejudice. 

Emma Stone

Easy A was the key why I  got to know Emma Stone who I also watched in Crazy Stupid Love and The Amazing Spiderman with her reel and real honey Andrew Garfield.  

I like her and her boyfriend, well they looked good together and they exude real positive vibes. I also like her being  honest, cheerful and funny.  

Kate Beckinsale/ Ellen Page

Since watching Juno I really like Ellen Page. But I think I need to see more film of her because apart from Juno, Inception and X Men The Last Stand, I don't know other works of her. I would like to see her performance in Whip It..  


On the other hand, I started to notice the beautiful Kate Beckinsale when I finally watched her action films Underworld series. I also already saw her classic romantic film Serendipity  (that sorry it didn't appeal to me) and her latest action packed villain role in Total Recall I still need to catch up to her other films and I'm particularly eager to see Pearl Harbor, Laurel Canyon and Van Helsing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?