point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Unofficially Yours…laugh on top of the bed


Since I’m not into television for years, it is refreshing to see again Angel Locsin acting in a movie. With John Lloyd Cruz (JLC) and even it is not heavy drama, I can say that at last she got acting project with someone who knows how to act well.

Unofficially Yours is romantic comedy but unlike other John Lloyd Cruz’ movies specifically with Sarah Geronimo it is a little bit daring.  It is my first time to watch love scenes from a Filipino film that I just laugh and laugh.  Definitely, John Lloyd knows comedic timing and makes you cry.

Angel too can be laughable but in this movie she’s in the serious side.  Actually, I couldn’t relate with her character’s aim but somehow it’s how she carried it that made it sense.  She’s effective in portraying a woman who’s in control in the situation and career-oriented.  She’s also good when she delivered her long acting lines in the last part. The scene was just too long to watch but definitely her good acting was there. My friends who watched with me in cinema commended that her outfits were fab. Hopefully she gets more movie projects.

On John Lloyd, my ultimate comment is he’s awesome. I don’t care if he doesn’t have abs or aristocratic face, he’s good actor and he delivers what I want- romance and laughter. Even in the acting scene, people in the movie house gave him affirmative comments more than Angel when in fact Ces (Angel’s character) carried heavy burden and she was a victim too. I’m not a total fan of John Lloyd but in acting, two thumbs up!

The supporting cast was tastefully delivered their part. I once read Edgar Allan Guzman’s said that he’s very happy to be part of the movie and he refused a TV project to prioritize this one. Well, it was only supporting and you had short exposure compared with your other films but you were cool in the movie man.  I couldn’t measure the state of my laughter whenever you were present.  Boom Lubrusca and Panying were also had superb performances. On the other hand, the family of Macky Galvez (JLC’s character) gave warmness in the movie.  

However, of all the supporting cast, it was K Brosas you would notice easily. With her punch lines and facial expression, even she’s only in the background she could steal the scene.

2 comments:

  1. Angel Locsin is in the 20 most beautiful filipinas, now going viral. nice vid, this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsDOVllz0Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel Locsin is the star draw here, and she is one of the 20 Most Beautiful Filipinas in the video going viral. I just saw this very nicely done vid, and I believe anybody who watches it will like it....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsDOVllz0Y

    ReplyDelete

& ur review?