point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wanted…a predictable action-suspense flick


I don’t read any particular thing about this movie before I watch it. What made me decide to pick this one is because the star is Angelina Jolie and the title is Wanted – it seems action-thriller for me.
      At first I thought it’s an action comedy after few scenes. James McAvoy (Atonement & XMen Origin) is been telling about his job and his boss. Then there’s unbelievable stunt of a certain man who jump off the building while shooting so many men in the other building. Take note the building is not standing side by side.
      Then I convince myself that it’s one of those movies that impose suspension of disbelief even when Angelina (Tomb Raider, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Salt) appeared as someone who’s protecting and training him as assassin of a Fraternity. Because indeed the stunt and the way they shoot gun is seem impossible for me.
       The story is promising but not new.  Yes it’s about betrayal and finding your identity. From being ordinary office employee to a high calibre assassin who been brainwashed to fulfil secret mission. I like some stunts, effects and McAvoy’s acting, but the entire movie is not fascinating like other action-suspense films I watched before. It’s sort of predictable and stereotype. What save the story is it is action film so you would focus more in other aspects.
        The interesting part is Jolie is not the lead actor/ character here but instead its James.   This is also the first time that I see James doing action.

2 comments:

  1. I was interested in your opinion about this movie. I love watching movies and director of this movie Timur Bekmambetov. We can say Russian). We have a movie night watch, he's also directed by and there is also the heroine goes on a red car on the buildings). In general, the film at once. Follow you.
    Lenusik ♥ ♥ ♥ With love ♥ ♥ ♥
    Velvetrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your visit and comment!

    Yeah watching film brings us to different dimension that's why it's really addicting.

    have nice day Lenusik Velvetrose!

    ReplyDelete

& ur review?