point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Underworld series


Prior to Underworld and Underworld: Evolution, I first saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans in 2009 where Michael Sheen and Rhona Mitra took the lead male and female. I was willing then to watch the other parts of Underworld‘s parts and that happened only this month.

Surely, Underworld (2003) is far different from today’s vampire-werewolf kind of movie, Twilight. It is action-packed with a little bit of drama of course. What I like about Underworld is when you want it dark, you can have it in and even I’m woman, I can still relate to heroine and vampire-werewolf war. And oh my… Michael Corvin (played by Scott Speedman) was really hot.  I couldn’t find reason to hate him though I’m certain his acting was not impressive.

Between part one and part 2, my picked is part 2 or Underworld: Evolution.  Why? Everything  was clearer, I got to know the background of the characters and the love between Michael & Selene ( Kate Beckinsale) blossomed.  It was their fight among all the vampires/ the mightiest vampire Markus Corvinus (Tony Curran).  I’m thrilled how they gonna kill Markus, though in the end it was heroine Selene got all the glory because Michael though hybrid werewolf was always a loser. But  personally, I like that if I’m the heroine. He has own identity and I have my own. He’s willing to support me no matter how superior I am to him.

Just in time, I learned that they going to release another part of Underworld Series entitled Underworld: Awakening. I hope I can still see Selene and Michael there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?