point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Red Riding Hood


I am neither fan nor hater of Amanda Seyfried so watching Red Riding Hood was more about the movies itself. I was curious about how they retell the old tale of a kid wearing red hood and being chased by wolf.
Actually, I prefer Akazukin Cha Cha than the story of Red Riding Hood, mainly because I’m anime fanatic. I don’t know how to say that is not offensive but Red Riding Hood, the old tale is not appealing for me.
         Going back to the movie, I find it cool that they made it darker. I imagined that Red Riding Hood was torn between wolf and a man. Upon watching the show, there was truth in my guess but that’s not the point of the story. Actually the point of the story is what if Red Riding Hood is the wolf.
        It had beautiful plot but sadly the execution in the movie was unattractive.  I’m confused whether the direction of the story was about the love story of Valerie and Peter (Shiloh Fernandez), if the grandmother had something to do with the wolf or Valerie was the key to get the wolf.
         There was indeed excitement in the mystery although confusing. I’m just disappointed with the reason why Valerie was being chase by the wolf. In addition to that, it was very easy for Valerie to kill the wolf. I don’t know but there’s particular part that was missing that made the movie not thrilling for me. It was like it trying to get deep but in truth everything was simple in the end. I don’t even get the significant of the Red Hood in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?