point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

200-Pound Beauty…light and funny


There are lots of movies or shows that feature storylines about fatness to sexiness of a character. So to tap this kind story, a movie should have something else to offer or extraordinary recipe.

I don’t know any of the actors in this Korean romantic-comedy film and I’m not also allured with Ju Jin-mo but I’m totally hooked with the story. It is entertaining, light and funny. Of course, teenagers and ladies can relate and get inspiration from the main characters Kan Han-na (Kim Ah-jung) and San-jun (Ju Jin-mo). Even while just watching the movie, you’ll believe that Love doesn’t mind body figures but true feelings. 

Apart from the lead, I’ll like the character of beauty surgeon (Han Wi Lee), he's colorful and important in the story. I also like the character of Hanna’s best friend (Hyeon-sook Kim).   

In addition, the soundtracks are fantastic. Honestly, I only understand the English parts of songs Byul, Ave Maria, and Miss You Much. Nevertheless, I appreciate the melody, the voice of the singer (mostly by Kim Ah Jung) and how those put in the movie. My most favorite scene is actually when Hannah sang Ave Maria.


over all rate: light and funny

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?