point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Friday, November 27, 2009

Pride and Prejudice...classic but modernly realistic

Because of the promo in AstroVision - 3 VCDs for 200, I picked Pride and Prejudice together with one of my favorite movies Bridget Jone’s Diary 1 & 2. (People buy originals especially if you want to collect!)

Hmmm it’s a gamble for me to watch this movie as it featured old England. I’m just curious about Keira Knightley, who I watched in the film Atonement.

I don’t know if I just didn’t catch the detail of what the characters were saying because of their British accent, but there were points in the movie that I didn’t fully understand. And I’m actually too lazy to research about those things. My conclusion was its similar to the kind of Little Women, my favorite novel.

I admit, I’m not familiar with Jane Austen and that Pride and Prejudice is originally a novel.

But I learned and agree that it maybe the source of other arts up to now. And like Josephine March of Little Women, I also can relate to Elizabeth Bennet (Keira). She’s not trying to be different but just want to be real. Even her romance with Fitzwilliam Darcy (Matthew Macfayden), a 28 year old and unmarried man, is appealing to me. Yeah I like older guys.

Keira’s acting is effective for me. Sometimes I see Winona Ryder in her but they are totally different, I know. I like her smile and the way she acts Liz. It’s so natural and not pretentious. On the other hand, Macfayden failed to attract me. Apart from his beautiful eyes, I’m not totally move on the way he carries the character. But yes, physically he’s suited to become Mr. Darcy.

Hmm I can’t talk much about other characters but they are totally fine. Rosamund Spike, who portrays Jane Bennet (the beautiful among the Bennet Sisters), is indeed a pretty one.

Because of this movie, I think I’m interested to read the novel and watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?