point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

13 going on 30

It’s been while since I write a comment a.k.a. review for series (Asian) or other stuff that I watch. Lately, I’m more into movies than watching series or television programs. Actually, I had many films in my list but I’ll start with the most recent – “13 going on 30” top billed by Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo.

I admit I like most of Jennifer’s things such as the way she carries her self, her body (in the movie); her love for her family and parents; and closeness to her buddies (well I hope I’m not mistaken).



13 going on 30 is a fantasy, romantic, comedy and inspirational film that suits to same bracket mention in the title. In this flick, I first saw how far Jennifer could go from her action routines in Alias and Electra, but of course, I already saw her Juno and Catch and Release (where Timothy Olyphant was very sexy for me).

It’s my second time, but I think I still feel what I felt the first time I saw 13 going on 30 in 2004. The only difference now is I become more familiar with parts that I didn’t catch on theatre. Although at times, even he has nice voice I don’t understand Mark. But that’s okay; I think he had convincing acting there though not that good. Some of my friends have crush on him or at least consider him handsome but for me, he can be sexy and cute.

More than acting, I like the flow of the story. The messages it wanted to convey especially to teenagers who like to grow up fast and be “thirty, flirty and thriving.” I myself did dream like that when I was younger. I also wanna be in control and be successful one.

The young Jenna Rink (Christa Allen) could be a lucky tweener if she only knew. She had loving and understanding parents and a very loyal best friend (Sean Marquette as young Math Flamhaff). But like most of the young girls who want to join “in” things, she was blinded.

Her wish of becoming a 30 years old woman happened all of sudden, when she locked herself in a room where Matt’s gift was kept. Matt, who she hated after she assumed of betraying her and pushing out her most admired influential group in her own birthday party, gave her a doll house that he also poured a magic dust.

At 30, Jenna (Jennifer Garner) realized what she wanted came true. It’s just that she’s successful but hated by people who knew her. Unfortunately, she also burned her bridges with her parents and Matt (Mark). She tried to patch things but she failed, especially in winning back Matt. Good thing, she went back to being 13 years old and solve her problems.

I like the concepts that were used in the movie, especially that Jenna worked in a well known magazine. I like the idea that she presented for “Poise” (the one photographed by Matt), dancing “Thriller” to please people (Jen showed she can dance), her friendship with teenagers in her building, and her outfits.

Though it failed to tickle me to laugh, it did inspire me and make me to believe in the importance of friendship, love and family. Honestly, I don’t know if Mark and Jennifer had chemistry. But I like their story, in how they friendship blossomed into love.

What I learned or realized in this movie is that we should take step by step process in order to grasp all things in our lives. Most of the time, we tend to oversee our blessings because we only eyeing what’s we don’t have. And of course, the most obvious lesson in the movie is to learn to be contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?