point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Juno… entertaining and enlightening

I already watched Juno way back 2007, at that time I was already convinced that this film could be part of my all time favorite movies. Good thing, I just watch it again and I realized that apart from astonishing acting, sensible plot, nice music, Juno had comedic but serious tones of dialogues.

As Juno McGuff, Ellen Page is very effective and realistic.

I though Juno and her was the same. I didn’t feel that she was just acting. Apart from that, she also has clear voice that every bit of her dialogues was really audible.

In my first viewing, I didn’t give much importance to Michael Cera ( Paulie Bleeker, the father of Juno’s kid) and J.K. Simmons (father of Juno) but I did recognized the significant of their characters in Juno’s life. This time, I love their dialogues and how they threw those.

Paulie Bleeker: You’re being really immature… You have no reason to be mad at me, I mean, you know, you broke MY heart. I should be royally ticked off at you. I should be really cheesed off, I shouldn’t want to talk to you anymore.
Juno MacGuff: What? Cause I got bored and had sex with you and I didn’t want to like marry you?
Paulie Bleeker: Like I’d marry you! You’d be the meanest wife ever, okay? And I know that you weren’t bored that day because there was a lot of stuff on TV, and then ‘The Blair Witch Project’ was coming on Starz and you were like ‘I haven’t seen this since it came out and if so we should watch it’ and then ‘but oh, no, we should just make out instead la la la’
Juno MacGuff: You just take Katrina the douchepacker to prom. I’m sure you two will have like a real bitchin’ time.
Paulie Bleeker: Well, I still have your underwear!

—–

Juno MacGuff: That’s not what it’s about. I just need to know that it’s possible that two people can stay happy together forever.
Mac MacGuff: Well, it’s not easy, that’s for sure. Now, I may not have the best track record in the world, but I have been with your stepmother for 10 years now and I’m proud to say that we’re very happy.
[Juno nods]
Mac MacGuff: Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.

Those two scenes were just few of my favorite part in the movie. And I think those two gave entertainment and enlightenment to the viewers. Aside of course of two important lessons that the movie wanted to convey – stop abortion and be responsible to your acts.

By the way, my favorite actress was also here in the movie – Jennifer Garner who also very good in her portrayal of woman who’s like to be a mother.

Source of quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467406/quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?