point of views of a viewer

a viewer's point of view

Monday, June 29, 2009

Judy Ann Santos...admirable

I was able to watch Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo which was the sequel of Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo of reel and real tandem of Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo. Hmmm… I prefer the first one if I have to choose, but never the less, I still enjoy the story and the chemistry of lead and supporting actors. I really smile whenever Gina PareƱo enters and when she talked with her “balae” Gloria Diaz & Ariel Ureta.


Before, I don’t like Judy Ann, even during her Mara Clara’s days with Gladys Reyes and Wowie de Guzman. I might feel pity for her character because of her 5-year journey to find that precious diary, where her real identity was hidden but I don’t know why I didn’t feel attach with her character even in her succeeding dramas Esperanza, Sa Puso Ko Iingatan Ka, Basta’t Kasama Kita, Krystala, Sa Piling Mo, and Ysabella. I even hated to wear fitted and striped blouse before because I always saw her wearing that outfit.

But when I saw her movie with Piolo Pacual – Bakit ‘di totohananin, it was like I’m starting to appreciate her effort not only to act well but also to shred pounds. I even thought of enrolling in a kick boxing gym to follow her footstep.

Until now, I don’t see yet her remarkable movie where she was praised by the critics – Sabel, Babae and Aishite Imasu 1941: Mahal Kita. But I watched her self produced flick Ploning in theatre last year. That’s the second juday’s film I ever watched after Kasal Kasali Kasalo.

I can say that now I admire Judy Ann not only as an actress but also as a person. She’s able to have sexy body, do off beat/ versatile roles and win numerous awards/ endorsements through hard works and dedication. But above all, what’s cool about her she doesn’t pretend and she stays true to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

& ur review?